Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One year later...

Ok friends i haven't been on here in quite a while so i'll fill everyone in on some big changes in our lives.

We were all ready to move to Louisville Kentucky when Bryan found out the school he wanted to finish seminary at was opening an extension center about 30 minutes away from where we live now. Also he was offered an internship at our church August Gate! We prayed a lot about it and felt like these opportunities were gifts from God and we shouldn't pass them up. It just wasn't the right time for us to move away. So over the last few months we have been looking for a house and it has been quite an adventure! I'll talk more about that later.

One other thing i wanted to write about today is my photography business. See I put it on hold after Eli was born because i thought we were moving to Louisville. In my mind i thought i'd put it on the back burner until we got settled in our new city and try and get it up and going with new clients there. Well we are still here in St. Louis and we have since updated our photography technology so my mom and i are excited to start shooting again :)

I know there are so many wonderful photographers out there right now, so you might be asking why do I want to be a photographer? It isn't an easy profession to get into at all. Well I did go to SIUe for 4 years, studying photography and it really is where my heart is. I've worked in a darkroom and even developed my own film.  I'm not freakishly amazing at it, but i do work really hard to better my skills and i hope that shows. I really love capturing special moments for people to keep forever and i love turning a person into a work of art. Also since having my son i feel how important it is to hold on to memories that pass by so quickly. I may not ever become the best or most well payed photographer but I'm going to follow the passion God has put in my heart and continue to make art.

I hope you will pray for me as i figure this all out and start a new chapter in my life. Pray that i don't give up when it gets hard too.

I am really blessed though, because i do have a wonderful husband who is incredibly supportive of my dreams and goals and i just want to thank him for loving me through all of my creative and interesting adventures. You are a wonderful soulmate Bryan Fulton!

We are working on a website and hopefully it will be up and running soon. Until then if you want to see some of our work, look here.

Thanks for listening,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment